Advertlets

Friday, May 23, 2008

charity concert - feature: yise

Warning: There are quite a few numbers of photos in this post, it maybe slow to load for certain internet connection speed. For faster loading, please click on the title to load just this post only. Thank you! :-)



Okay, after Manchester United's European triumph, let's just come back to Kuching instead. Please pardon me for getting carried away with their success. I've been a Manchester United fan for a long time now, probably coming to a decade long.

Here's the 2nd part of the charity concert I was at.

After Andrew Tan, comes Yise Lo (罗忆诗). She's not only a singer, but also a composer herself. She writes her own songs, and filled in the lyrics with her own words. Pretty cool eh? Honestly, she was the main reason why I was there in the concert. I wanted to see how good she is performing on stage.

Well, I must say, she didn't disappoint. Although it wasn't really a live band concert, the music was from a background music track from CD, she still did pretty well. I like her vocal somehow.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
She made her appearance with this little jacket on.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Michael Wong 'looking' on from behind, hehe.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I shot the entire sequence with Auto WB, and photos are shot straight to JPEG. There wasn't much editing, or correction done after. The yellow hue was from the color lighting on stage.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
From the way she speaks, it sounded like she has nice personality as well. A very easy-going lass.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The red one.

I must apologize for the lack of variety in angle captured. I was just shooting not far from my seat only. I could have bossed around with my camera and just get carried away, but no, I didn't. I thought I shouldn't as I wasn't an invited/appointed photographer. I certainly didn't want to get myself blocking other people there. So, I thought it was best to stay hidden, in stealth.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This shot, I think, is somewhat under exposed. Should have corrected it before posting. I had to get it exported cos a friend needed it for her report. So, it was quite a rush in preparing the pic.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
The emcee and the singer. Oh, and yeah, I changed my angle a bit. LOL.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
From certain angle, I think she resembles Leehom. LOL.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

There were game session during the interval. Right after the little chat with the emcee dude, Yise performed right away again. This time, with her jacket off.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
I kinda like this shot, albeit being underexposed, as the far background looked not-so-plain here. Hehe. It looked kinda like a concert in a true concert hall or something.

Now comes my attempts to shoot the effect I wanted.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I liked the effect, the idea, but too bad I was only shooting with a prime 50mm, the only lens I have with a wide/big aperture. Maximum aperture was f/1.8, which made the no-flash shots possible in that kind of lighting.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
Bow of gratitude.

Clock was ticking, and I had to go already. Coincidentally, Yise was also done with her performance that night. There were two more performers that night, 曾国辉 and Michael 黄光良.

I couldn't stay any longer though. I was off to the basketball semi-finals in MBKS indoor stadium.

So, up next, what would it be? There was a fashion show going on in the Spring shopping mall last weekend, could the next post be on that? We'll see.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yer.. Means no 光良 pics lar? Sienz infinity times T.T

allen said...

[ ahlost ]

yea.. no guang liang.. ehehe..