Advertlets

Friday, December 15, 2006

movie review: Deja Vu


" Poster Note: Poster is googled, and is borrowed from IPMA.com "

Official Site: Deja Vu - Official Site



Deja Vu: Deja Vu was released on cinema on 30 November 2006. It's been a while already, but I only get to watch it today.

And, I am glad I did not miss out on this one. Deja Vu features Danzel Washington, Val Kilmer, Paula Patton (She was one of the babes appeared in Hitch), and is directed by Tony Scott. The rest of the cast here. Before I proceed, I'd love to draw attention to the actor who played villain in the movie - James Caviezel. Not quite a household name eh? Well, he was casted in Mel Gibson's Passion of Christ, as Jesus.

Deja Vu is set at present time, at New Orleans. In fact, time set is right after the Hurricane Katrina incident. When Deja Vu started their production in New Orleans, the city was hit by Hurricane Katrina. Work had to be delayed three months after the hurricane hit the city. Thus, there is little surprise that the movie is dedicated to those who had gone through Katrina disaster.

For plot summary and synopsis, click here and here respectively.

Deja Vu is a sci-fi, thriller, and it sure is a fine one. Throughout the whole of 2 hours 10 minutes (130 minutes), I was well entertained. It was pure thriller from the start till the very end, and it had done a good job to keep one's adrenaline high. With the action, chase and the plot. You wouldn't want to miss any second of it. I thought of getting myself a cup of drink not long after the movie started, but soon to have my mind changed.

Another reason to not to miss even nano of seconds of the movie, is the partnership of Denzel Washington and Tony Scott. Also, not forgetting Hollywood's guru/producer of explosions - Jerry Bruckheimer, who has list like Bad Boys, Pirates of the Carribean to his resume.I am a long-time fan of Denzel Washington. I really thought he's one of the best actors, if not the best. It's just amazing to watch him act.

I had a deja vu while watching the movie though. For a moment, I had this familiarity of Minority Report when Doug, played by Denzel Washington, was first brought to their operation room, and started their investigation.

In all, I just can't seem to be able to word how entertaining the movie is here. It has pretty good plot, character development is good, and also I thought they also did a good job keeping the fiction part in tag, and not to be over exaggerated. I would get a copy of DVD when one's available later.



" Short Note: There is little done by Malaysian Censorship Board for Deja Vu, only to have very minimal part censored out when Denzel Washington and co, were running through the machine to observe Claire (Paula Patton). They were basically staring at her boobs during shower, and changing clothes. "

No comments: