Advertlets

Saturday, April 15, 2006

langkawi trip: day 2 - tanjung rhu beach

Day 2.

The day started gloomy. It rained earlier in the morning. Fortunate enough, it stopped just in time for me to pay the beaches a visit. Rain in an island is definitely a no-no when you are on a short stay there.

I spent my lunch at the Chennai before heading off to the Tanjung Rhu Beach. (Quickie: Chennai is regarded as the most happening place in Langkawi. It's located at northern-central of Langkawi. It's roughly 10 minutes' drive from the Langkawi Airport, and 20-30 minutes' drive from Quah. Foreigners/Tourists like to gather here.)



View from the restaurant I had lunch in. The food wasn't bad. (I must say, I have left out the pictures of Langkawi food in my trip, my bad). However, food at Chennai area is a lil' bit pricey. What do you expect when their target market are the tourists. ;-)



After lunch, I actually stopped by one of the beaches near Chennai. I couldn't recall what the name was.


.
.
.

.
.
.


The beach was rather alienated. I didn't see much visitors around. With so much cloud above the beach, I thought it was best to leave that area and head off to a nicer place.



However, there is a place worth mentioning. There is a western restaurant opened by this beach. It was highly recommended by my friend. They serve probably the best western food around the area. I did not get to try, as I had my lunch already. (On top of that, I was told the food are much more pricey.)



Someone please give the food a try at The Lighthouse Restaurant next time, and write review on the food served.

The plan for the day is to visit the Tanjung Rhu Beach. It is located northen of the island. As far as I remembered, there are 2 resorts located at that area - Tanjung Rhu Resort and Four Season Resort.

http://www.tanjungrhu.com.my/

I must say, this beach is nice. With white and smooth sand under your feet, and great view of the sea with few small islands within your reach. It is really relaxing to spend your vacation here.





Pine trees along the route to Tanjung Rhu Beach.

Tanjung Rhu Beach is one of the main tourist attraction in Langkawi. Upon my arrival, I discovered something rather disturbing. I found...

THIS!
.
.
.


(Click on the photos to enlarge.)


Above: The signboard reads "Fishing Trip Swiming N Snorkling" ... "Ruzaimi Boating Servis" ...

I reckon the locals have localized English pretty much. It is probably called Englay or Mangrish.



Above: More Englay-Mangrish -> Aktiviti - Cruis go to Dangu Island, Fish Feeding and Flaying Fox, Snorkling Fishing Trip, Swiming BBQ Beach.

Spelling alone wasn't just it. The structure was all wrong. How embarrassing.

Let's just leave those behind, and get back to the beach.



Clear blue sky, some clouds, white sandy beach. Don't you just wish you were there?



For those city folks who miss beaches, here are some beach feast for ya'all.







I spotted this man carrying a kayak towards the sea.







And guess where he was heading to when I last checked on him?



He went all the way to the circled area in the pic above, with the kayak he was carrying. I guess he was heading to one of those small islands there. Must try next time round.

Next stop - Black Sand Beach.

No comments: