Advertlets

Saturday, October 21, 2006

one way ticket; destination -> Borneo

" Festive Note: Happy Deepavali!
Warning: Long post with plenty photos! It may take longer than usual to load this page. Please be informed. "


After crossing South China Sea, I am standing on the Borneo land again. It has been three weeks since I took the one way ticket back to Borneo. Again, I must say that the decision did not come easy. It was a tough one to make. Nevertheless, we must not regret for the decisions we make.



I have had my fun in my one-year-stay in KL. No doubt, there are things which is available ONLY in Kuala Lumpur. There are things which can only be done there ONLY. And, I cannot deny I will miss some of the KL features, e.g.:

  • Bookstore, i.e. Kinokuniya, MPH.
  • Cinema, i.e. GSC, TGV, Cathay, IMAX (I have yet to visit IMAX!)
  • Redbox



I will also miss the cheaper price on reading materials as well as the variety offered in Kuala Lumpur. Books in Malaysia are not that cheap already, yet the price here in Kuching is even more costly! Sigh. I find this really discouraging, and disheartening for book lovers.




Also, I miss the illumination in KL. You can't find better place with that much illumination in Malaysia already!








Next in list may be some of the hangout places in KL. They may not have much quiet, relaxing hangout places in KL, but they definitely have plenty happening places to hang-around in. For those looking for excitement, and new buzz in town, you can drop by places like Sri Hartamas, Bukit Bintang, Damansara ala The Curve, and many more.





Though I miss those, they are never really things I need everyday. It isn't a necessity for me. If I really want those, I could always fly over to enjoy this.

Of course, by flying back over here, I will not need to cope with the common headache everyone has - the traffic, and the toll.





Also, I can exclude the crowd in the train (LRT) during the peak hours. You could hardly move and breathe during those hours. There have been reports on the LRT service by Putra (Kelana Jaya) line being interuptted serveral times over the couple of months.

With me being here, I wouldn't have to worry about those anymore!



A frequent question I have been pointed to when my decision to come back was first made known. The answer was pretty simple. Because..



"It is my home.."

It is my home I am heading back to. Why does it sound wrong for me to head home? Kuching isn't that bad. Afterall, it's another city, not kampung.




Things wasn't that pretty since I arrived in early October. There is one thing I miss dearly over here in Kuching. I believe most part in Malaysia are facing the same problem. Haze attack.

I miss the blue color in the sky. The serenity of the sky blue. Or even the sky color. At the moment, the sky seems monotonous, being gray all day long.

Don't we all miss this?








Beatiful, isn't it? The blue sky and the fluffy clouds. Why do you have to burn so much? Why do you have to cause so much haze? It's been a decade since the problem started. Remember 1997, folks?



I just hope things will turn well. Our skies will be colored with the mesmerizing tone!

I may not be able to explore the Penisular without my car there already. I cannot visit Cherating, Ipoh, Cameron, Malacca and etc. with ease already. However, I intend to start new chapter of adventure in Borneo. Now, this is where the exotic part of Malaysia lies.

I shall start planning my next trip as soon as I secure an employment here in Kuching.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

is good to be back my dear~~ welcome home~~

allen said...

thanks! many many thanks!

13th Panda said...

HELLO!

don't know if u mind 2nd hand books. There's actually a book shop selling 2nd hand books, at jln keretapi. :-)

allen said...

panda, what r u referring to..
me blur blur le! >.<"

13th Panda said...

thought u say kch books are more $$ ma...then intro u a shop selling 2nd hand books lo

allen said...

ooh.. sorry.. my bad.. :P
where's this 2nd hand one?

hehe.. maybe i can check it out one day?

F-B--N said...

What happen to your car?

Unknown said...

nix: i've brought my car back from west malaysia. so, i wouldn't have car to move about the next time i visit the west already.

F-B--N said...

i thought you sold your mothership.

allen said...

heh, no i didn't. brought it back to the east. nix, may i ask, who are you? sound kinda familiar.